Friday 5 October 2012

Quick intro to the trundler

I am a mother and a grandmother. I embarrass my children by talking to perfectly strange babies on the bus and making them laugh – the babies laugh that is, not my children … and the babies aren’t strange so much but just babies I haven’t been formally introduced to.

Oh and I am a cripple. I don’t walk places; I trundle there in my wheelchair. I have severe Peripheral Vascular Disease in both legs as well as in my right arm. There are some other bits and pieces that do not work as well as they should do but that I reckon is just the wages of life lived in the lane of long term single parenthood on the fringes of a society that values style over substance.
 
 
 I'm not sure where this blog is going to take me but I do know that there are some things I feel I need to say. So when I do, this is where they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment