Thursday 26 December 2013

Satisfactory conclusion.

To those who have been following my latest saga re ATOS.

Following a refusal to give in I eventually managed to get my old claim reinstated in full. It has been a struggle and has required a lot of contacting various people. I think that possibly the best lesson I have learned from all this is that you can never tell where the chink in the armour of officialdom is.

In my case it was the worry about my housing benefit, which was but one of the many consequences to my losing my benefit award, that lead to the window of opportunity to regain my original claim.

It is outrageous that severely ill and disabled individuals may be put to the additional stress of having to fight for their dignity in addition to fighting the condition that disabled them in the first instance. But sadly such is the case. I hope that my success will encourage others who are still facing this outrage. There is a light at the end of the tunnel ... even if the tunnel may at times seem endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment